Bertelsmann has appointed three new members to its Group Management Committee (GMC), effective immediately: Rolf Hellermann, CEO Arvato Financial Solutions, Shobhna Mohn, Executive Vice President Growth Regions Strategy and Bertelsmann Investments, and Bernd Reichart, CEO Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland, strengthen the top management committee, which advises and supports the Bertelsmann Executive Board on important matters of corporate strategy and development, as well as on other Group-wide topics. The GMC now has 18 members, with seven different nationalities.
Rolf Hellermann, Shobhna Mohn, and Bernd Reichart are now members of the highest management committee below the Executive Board
Thomas Rabe, Chairman & CEO of Bertelsmann, said: “Rolf Hellermann, Shobhna Mohn, and Bernd Reichart have held key management positions at Bertelsmann for many years. Rolf Hellermann is the new CEO of Arvato Financial Solutions and therefore heads a Bertelsmann growth platform. Shobhna Mohn will represent the strategically important growth regions of Brazil, India, and Africa on the GMC from now on. Bernd Reichart took over the management of Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland, one of Bertelsmann’s strongest businesses, at the turn of the year. I look forward to an even closer exchange of ideas with them on our Group Management Committee going forward.”
Shobhna Mohn (54) joined Bertelsmann in 1996 and became Managing Director of Bertelsmann Valley in 1999, assuming responsibility for the Group’s holdings in start-ups. From 2002 to 2006, Mohn headed the Investor Relations department before joining Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments (BDMI) in 2006. Since September 2012, she has served as Executive Vice President Growth Regions Strategy and Bertelsmann Investments. In this role, she supervises strategic goal-setting and identifying potential investment targets, joint ventures, and acquisitions in Bertelsmann’s growth regions.
Bernd Reichart (44) joined Antena 3, an RTL Group shareholding in Spain, as Head of Investor Relations in 2004. From 2007 to 2013, he served as Managing Director Multichannel of the Antena 3/AtresmediaSpanish family of channels. From February 2013 to December 2018, Reichart was Managing Director of Vox and sat on the Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland management team. Since the beginning of 2019, he has been CEO of Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland based in Cologne.
The Group Management Committee is now comprised of the following members:
- Thomas Rabe (Chairman & CEO Bertelsmann)
- Markus Dohle (CEO Penguin Random House)
- Bert Habets (CEO RTL Group)
- Rolf Hellermann (CEO Arvato Financial Solutions)
- Axel Hentrei (CEO Bertelsmann Printing Group)
- Immanuel Hermreck (CHRO Bertelsmann)
- Bernd Hirsch (CFO Bertelsmann)
- Julia Jäkel (CEO Gruner + Jahr)
- Kay Krafft (CEO Bertelsmann Education Group)
- Annabelle Yu Long (CEO Bertelsmann China Corporate Center and Managing Partner Bertelsmann Asia Investments)
- Hartwig Masuch (CEO BMG)
- Madeline McIntosh (CEO Penguin Random House U.S.)
- Shobhna Mohn (Executive Vice President Growth Regions Strategy and Bertelsmann Investments)
- Gail Rebuck (Board Member Penguin Random House)
- Bernd Reichart (CEO Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland)
- Frank Schirrmeister (CEO Arvato SCM Solutions)
- Karin Schlautmann (Head of Corporate Communications Bertelsmann)
- Nicolas de Tavernost (Chairman of the Executive Board Groupe M6)