2019 is here and India welcomed the new year in style! Ola enabled millions of Indians with a safe alternative to not drink and drive after partying with a range of mobility options in cities. We also urged users through a fun awareness campaign last week where we collaborated with Prabh Deep, an upcoming 23 year old Indian rapper and launched a captivating party rap for this year’s edition of #PeekeMatChala. Aimed at deterring people from drinking at driving.
With aggregated data of New Year’s Eve rides in cities, the Ola “How India Welcomed 2019” info-graphic gives a glimpse of how the celebrations were in the major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Pune, Hyderabad and Chennai. These interesting insights reveal the city’s busiest party hotshots, when the revelers started celebrating as well as what the party hoppers and pub-crawlers did on New Year’s Eve.
Key takeaways include:
- Mumbai clocked the highest percentage of party rides followed closely by Delhi and Bengaluru
- Among the 7 cities, Hyderabad was the first to start celebrate ringing in the New Year
- Lower Parel, Kamla Mills Compound, Bandra West and Linking road emerged as the busiest hotspots in Mumbai
- Gurugram Sector 29, DLF Cyber City and Connaught Place were favourites in Delhi while Bengalureans preferred Koramangala, MG Road and Residency Road
- Ola Rentals were used for as long as 15 hours by customers in Delhi and Hyderabad to celebrate the new year